Congratulations on a GREAT weekend! At this year's Short Course Yards Championship, BC Masters finished 2nd in the Medium Team Division and 10th overall with 1583 points! There were fast times posted all weekend, including several lifetime bests and New England records by Caroline Byron in the 50 Free and the women's 18+ 200 Medley Relay (Caity, Jenny, Liz, Caroline).
Sunday, March 28, 2010
SOME HIGHLIGHTS FROM THE WEEKEND:
- LAURIE took on a brand new event and braved the 200 Breast.
- GREG rocked the sprints on Friday with the 50 Free and 100 IM.
- JEN swam some fast times AND made it to Union Street, never passing up the social scene!
- JUSTIN swam in his first swim meet ever (and nailed his backstroke turn in the relay).
- CAROLINE made a name for herself as the fastest 18-24 sprinter to grace New England Masters with her presence.
- LIZ got a "shout-out" for her 26th birthday during the 100 Fly (what a way to spend your birthday!).
- ERIC held off his competitors during the breaststroke during his 400 IM (for the first time ever???!).
- CAITY broke 2:00 for the first time in the 200 Free.
- JENNY knocked massive amounts of time off all her events, going under 6 minutes in the 500 for the first time.
- JIMMY was the high point scorer for BC with 129 points and although it seems impossible, he came close to lapping his heat in the 50 Fly.
- ROSEMARY doubled her points from last year to contribute 52 points to the team total (and fueled her teammates with a mean veggie lasagna).
- MEGHAN got cozy with the walls during her 100 Back, but still managed a great time.
- BRETT simultaneously participated in a swim meet and a triathlon on Sunday - what a nut! (and with the help of Emily, supplied a "secret weapon" for the Medley Relay).
- MARY reintroduced butterfly to her racing repertoire and knocked 3.5 seconds off her seed in the 100 and 9 seconds off her 50.
- RYAN pushed his well-weathered fastskin to get four more races on Sunday alone.
- TOM held off Jimmy in the 100 Breast and dropped a half-second to achieve a masters' best.
- ONNICHA, perhaps the only swimmers who's first name didn't make it to the heat sheets, took one for the team and swam the 100 Fly in the medley relay and later in the meet dominated the 50 Back.
- LAUREN conquered her fear of unfamiliar starting blocks and swam fast enough in the breaststroke events to awaken her groin muscles.
- MIKE competed in 8 events during two days and was (aside from Liz), the fastest off the blocks for our team.
- LEONARDO introduced breaststroke to his line-up to achieve lucky 13 (events)!
- and MINDY once again was over-stimulated by the post-meet Union Street atmosphere.
Posted by mindy at 6:45 PM