Reminder: the TeamEnVision/BCMasters open water swim at "Fantastic Nantasket" is this Saturday, June 27th, from 9am - 11am. This is a great location for your first ocean swim, a tune up, or a good workout. The water is clean and calm, the bottom sandy as far as you can walk. There are buoys parallel to shore and a lifeguard crew - plus, there will be personalized KAYAK SUPPORT provided by Pieter!
If you pan on attending, please RSVP to Jenny prior to Saturday.
If you need a ride or can offer a ride, please also let her know. Directions below - only ~45 min away.
Everyone is welcome: friends, other triathletes or swimmers, significant others - participants must be able to swim unassisted.
What to Bring:
- swim suit
- brightly colored cap
- wetsuit highly recommended
- other: towel, sunscreen, eye drops, ear drops, body glide, snacks
Directions to Nantasket Beach Reservation, MA
1. Take I-93 S toward Quincy
2. Take exit 12 toward MA-3A/Quincy (0.2 mi)
3. Merge onto Gallivan Blvd/MA-203 (0.1 mi)
4. Turn right at Neponset Ave to continue on MA-3A (2.4 mi)
5. Turn left at Merrymount Pkwy to continue on MA-3A (1.9 mi)
6. Turn left at Washington St to continue on MA-3A (0.5 mi)
7. At the traffic circle, take the 2nd exit to stay on MA-3A/Washington St
8. Continue to follow MA-3A (5.0 mi)
9. At the next traffic circle, take the 3rd exit onto Summer St (0.5 mi)
10. Continue on Rockland St (0.1 mi)
11. Continue on George Washington Blvd (1.7 mi)
12. Slight right at Hull Shore Dr, then stay to the right to stay on Hull Shore Dr/Franklin St
13. Find parking along the streets or pay a small fee ($3) to park in the lots on the left side of the street.
14. Just as Beach Ave takes off to the right, and before the T at Phipps Rd, there is a brick state park / restroom building on the right (beach side). We meet at that building, near the outdoor showers.